Brief Introduction of Silk
In the ancient time, silk referred to the textiles made by mulberry silk. Nowadays, because the extension of the raw materials, textiles produced by natural or artificial filament fibers are all called silk. The pure mulberry silk is called pure silk.
Silk is the symbol of Chinese ancient culture. The Chinese ancient silk industry has great contribution to promote the development of human civilization in the world. Chinese silk is famous for its excellent quality nice designs and rich cultural connotations in the world.
Thousands of years ago, when silk was spread into Europe through the silk road, what it took are not only the luxury clothes or decors, but also the bright ancient oriental civilization. Since then, silk became the communicator and symbol of oriental civilization.
Legend of Silk
In the ancient era, the Yellow Emperor beat Chi You. The silkworm god contributed her self-laying head to show her respect. The Yellow Emperor sent people to make it into thin though silk and then sewed clothes with the silk. The clothes wore very comfortable. Later, the Yellow Emperor's wife went to find silkworms that can spin silk and feed them. Later generations called her goddess of silkworm and called the Yellow Emperor god of the silk machine. Mulberry-picking, silkworm rearing, silk producing and silk weaving became the basic working tools of the ancient Chinese society for thousands of years.
Characteristics of Silk
2. Good moisture absorption and release.
3. Well keep warm.
4. Sound, dust absorption; heat resistance.
6. Make the glass rod positively charged when rubbed with it.
Silk Fabric Maintenance
1. Wash the dark and light fabric separately.
2. Pure Silk fabric with sweat should be washed or immersed in the clean water immediately. The temperature of the water should be under 30 degree.
3. Silk fabric should be washed with acid or light alkaline detergent or the silk special detergent.
4. Silk fabric should be washed with hands. No strong twist or rub. Dry in the shade.
5. Iron when it is not really dry and no water spray directly. Iron with the inside part and the temperature should be between 100 and 180 degree.
6. Silk fabric should be stored up after being cleaned, dried and stacked with another piece of cloth and with no camphor balls.
Identification of Pure Silk
1. Feel by hand and observe by eyes.
Pure silk has the color of pearl which is soft while the chemical fibers fabric is not soft but bright and dazzling.
Fiber of the pure silk is thin and long while the cotton fiber is short and wool is curl.
Pure silk feels soft , smooth and comfortable.
Pure silk smells like the burnt feathers and is hard to burn continuously. It will die out itself. The ash is black, crispy and fluffy.
Silk and Health
Since the ancient times, pure silk has the reputation of Queen of Silk. And now it is granted as the health fibers. The health function of pure silk is irreplaceable. Pure silk fiber has 18 amino acids that is needed by human body which is similar as people's skin. Thus pure silk is called the second skin of human body. Wearing pure silk clothes can not only help to avoid the UV radiation, harmful gases and harmful bacteria, but also help to enhance the vitality of body surface skin cells, promote skin cell metabolism and help to cure some skin diseases. In addition, because of the hygroscopicity and permeability of the pure silk, it can control the body temperature and the body moisture.